The XRAY XT4 2019 1/10 4WD Electric Truggy Kit was designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe. Using the most high-tech German and Swiss machines and premium European materials, the XT4 2019 was crafted with XRAY's legendary attention to detail. The XT4 is a premium, professional, high-competition 1/10 electric truggy for the most demanding racers, developed with attention to every detail.
With XRAY's long-term experience with the World Championship XB4 platform, they applied all that knowledge from the XB4 platform and created the XT4 truggy. Long-term tested in real racing conditions, the XT4 is a real race car straight out of the box. Designed using some of the world's most sophisticated CAD systems, and manufactured using advanced machining and molding processes, the XT4 achieves a level of perfection in all details that is second to none.
NOTE: Painted body and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- CNC-machined from high-quality Swiss 2mm 7075 T6 aluminum.
- Machined in low-stress areas to make it as light as possible without affecting strength or rigidity.
- Black-coated for increased lifespan and style.
- Designed with ideal weight distribution, chassis width & length, and proper flex.
- Side guards:
- Accommodates a low motor position for improved cornering speed and stability.
- Tough composite side guards seal against dirt and protect from side impacts.
- Molded from a hard composite material.
- Optional medium stiffness side guards are available for very-low-traction tracks.
- Velcro® double-sided tape is included to ensure a perfect seal of the body to the side guards to protect against dirt.
- Chassis Brace:
- Includes Hard Front and Rear Chassis Braces (Medium Option and Brass Rear Brace Weight Available).
- Graphite chassis brace is machined from high-grade graphite material and connects directly to the chassis.
- The Brace reinforces the rear of the truck and generates more stability while increasing traction.
- The chassis brace is a vital part of the Multi-Flex setting.
- Rear Suspension:
- Adjustable Rear suspension accommodates the rear-upright design, with longer CVD drive shafts and longer, rear camber link.
- Rear suspension offers a vast range of roll-center tuning adjustments for different track conditions.
- Drive shafts:
- Manufactured from world-renowned HUDY Spring Steel and features 2.5mm drive pins for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Drive shafts are treated with a proprietary hardening process, for a thin but extremely durable product.
- Increased lifespan and durability with maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Rear Uprights:
- Multiple set-up options for upper & lower roll centers.
- Multi-function uprights have the upper roll center position in the middle-axis of the drive shaft’s connecting joint for better traction and increased stability.
- Three different uprights available: Hard (included,) Graphite (optional) and Aluminum (optional), each suitable for a different range of track conditions.
- Wheel Hubs:
- Offset hexes perfectly match the width of the truck to redesigned suspension arms and hubs.
- Ultra-lightweight 12mm wheel hex-drive hubs are CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 black-coated aluminum.
- Ultra-true hex hubs with a clamping design to ensure ultra-solid mounting of the wheel’s hub.
- Optional offset wheel hex-drive hubs are available to adjust track-width.
- Suspension Arms:
- Rigid enough to provide a responsive feel; yet soft enough for extreme durability.
- Exclusive composite mixtures used for suspension arms are a perfect balance between reliability and performance.
- Three different rear suspension arms available: Medium (optional), Hard (included) and Graphite (optional), each suitable for particular track conditions.
- I.S.S. Suspension Holders:
- Aluminum suspension holders feature Integrated Suspension Settings (I.S.S.™) which allows for fast & easy suspension geometry setting.
- First introduced in the very first XB8 and now has been carried over to the 1/10 scale XT4.
- Using eccentric suspension bushings inserted into aluminum suspension blocks, as well as additional shims, the XT4 suspension geometry can be completely adjusted.
- Steering Blocks:
- Tiny yet tough steering blocks are molded from a special composite mixture for maximum strength.
- Composite steering block inserts allow for very quick & easy lower roll center adjustment.
- Fine tuning the roll center is easily achieved with additional shims and extra inserts.
- Larger 5x12 ball-bearings are used in the outer position with increased dynamic load for maximum drivetrain reliability.
- Smaller 5x10 ball-bearings are used on the inner position to minimize unsprung weight.
- Caster Blocks:
- 1-piece caster blocks have a lightweight yet stiff and rigid construction.
- Non-adjustable caster angle is preset to 9°.
- Roll center position can be quickly & easily adjusted by inserting different thickness of shims atop the caster block (between the block and the vertical ball stud).
- Front of the chassis is pre-angled with an integrated 8° caster angle.
- I.S.S. suspension holders influences the caster as well. (For example: If the eccentric bushings have the roll center in middle position, the caster angle is 9° which when added to the 9° caster block gives a total of 18° caster. The total adjustability range for caster is 16-20°.)
- Optional caster blocks with 6° and 12° built-in caster angles are available for further suspension geometry adjustment.
- Four different caster blocks available: Medium (optional), Hard (included), Graphite (optional) and Aluminum (optional), each suitable for particular track conditions.
- Center Driveline:
- Features universal joints that accommodate the machined bevel drive gears from the proven XB4 platform.
- Bevel drive gears are machined from special gear steel material that reduces the weight and significantly improves reliability.
- Gear Differential:
- XT4 gear diffs ensure increased on-power steering for nearly all types of tracks and is ideal for both carpet and clay tracks.
- Maintenance-free smooth gear diffs includes internal gears which are precision-molded from the tough XRAY composite material for a long life time and smooth and efficient operation.
- Diff Gears:
- Both front and rear bevel drive gears are CNC-machined to improve the reliability of the differential and to reduce the rotating weight.
- Differential crown gears and bevel drive gears are made from hardened steel to ensure increased lifespan and reliability.
- Central Differential:
- Center gear differential comes as standard equipment in the XT4 and can be tuned for a wide variety of traction conditions.
- Maintenance-free diff design.
- Diff assembly should require minimal maintenance for extended intervals with reduced need for frequent oil changes.
- Smooth gear diff includes a composite case and cover with a removable spur gear.
- Kit includes the 81T spur gear (78T spur gear is available as an option).
- Spur Gear:
- Precision-molded spur gears are made from XRAY's exclusive secret blend of composite material.
- Spur gears are designed to have the lowest possible weight while staying strong and light.
- XT4 is equipped with an 81T spur gear which suits the majority of tracks. Optional 78T spur gear is available for additional tuning.
- Diff Outdrive:
- Lightweight diff outdrives are machined from HUDY Spring Steel material and hardened with XRAY's own process for extended lifespan and reliability.
- Additional material has been removed on the outer part of the outdrives, further reducing the weight without effecting durability.
- The inner part of the outdrives has been hand-ground for perfect fitment into the diff case.
- Strong front & rear bulkheads withstand rigorous impacts and abusive racing conditions.
- Bulkheads securely position the differentials with minimal play, resulting in increased gear teeth lifespan and minimized gear stripping.
- Unique bulkheads allow fast & easy diff exchange and servicing by dismounting only 4 screws from the front of the bulkhead and bottom of the chassis.
- Fast diff access is available at both front & rear.
- Central Bulkhead:
- Low Center Gravity design. The XT4 uses the same lower profile motor mount and bulkhead from the latest XB4 buggies to keep the motor and gear diff as low as possible.
- Motor Bulkhead:
- Lowered motor bulkhead reduced the CG of the motor and center diff, improving cornering speed and stability.
- Machined from the premium Swiss 7075 T6, the motor bulkhead is strong and lightweight.
- Battery strap:
- The XT4 features two different battery straps choices:
- Long strap: Battery pack can be installed either frontwards or rearwards, using the included foam back spacer to keep the pack secure.
- Short Strap: Battery is positioned to the rear and creates some additional space on the chassis for mounting the electronics.
- Shock Towers:
- Both front & rear shock towers are machined from premium-grade graphite and are lightweight & strong.
- Multiple shock positions and roll center adjustment positions.
- The front and rear shock towers are 3.5mm thick and the rear features multiple positions for the ring wing mount.
- Shocks are membrane-free, yet they still allow for easy, consistent building and rebound setting using the bleed-screw shock cap design.
- Aluminum body and lower cap are machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum.
- Shock rods are machined from special steel material, precision hand-ground for maximum smooth operation, and hardened for improved lifespan.
- Shock pistons:
- Made from Delrin material and are made using ultra-high pr
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other HEI INTERNATIONAL users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review